- The Service Technician’s primary responsibilities are to respond to service calls quickly as they are dispatched and to efficiently and accurately diagnose, make or recommend needed repairs and parts to repair our customer’s materials handling equipment back to good working and safe condition.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Service technicians must have a good working knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical principles and the various components (motors, gears, hydraulic blocks and hoses, pneumatic blocks and hoses, electrical, etc.) that make up materials handling equipment in order to repair equipment including but not limited to, dock levelers, truck restraints, conveyor systems, cranes and hoists, and industrial doors of all types.
- Technicians must be able to effectively and safely translate their knowledge of the equipment we service into successfully repairing equipment in both the field or in our shop.
- Technicians are expected to recommend repairs beyond the scope of PM’s should additional repairs be deemed necessary to make equipment work better or more safely.
- In addition, at times service technicians may be required to assist installation technicians on scheduled jobs in order for the company to meet our obligations to our customers.
- Technicians must be able to work well with other technicians and the personnel of our customers in times that customers provide help on jobs.
- Technicians must have good oral and written communication skills and must submit all required paperwork, including work summaries and time tickets when scheduled to do so.
- Work requires the working knowledge of and safe usage of both hand tools and powered tools for activities such as but not limited to, cutting, welding, brazing, hammering, fastening, and toting of materials and tools.
- Work requires the safe usage of ladders, scaffolding ad scissor lifts to access some equipment. Proper PPE is to be worn when working on each job performed as dictated by OSHA, Cardinal Integrated Systems/Cardinal Carryor, or our customers in accordance with their own their safe work practice policies.
- Technicians must possess a valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record. Technicians may have use of company owned vehicles and tools when working and must maintain said vehicles and tools in good working order and make sure they present a clean, professional image while working.
- Technicians must be able to work overtime hours and or weekend hours to perform emergency repairs when needed. Service technicians will be on call on a rotated basis so that we can respond quickly and professionally to emergency repairs called in by our customers.
- A High School Diploma or GED is required for this position. A 2 year Associates degree in Electronics, Welding or any specific job related Certifications are preferred.
- A current electrical license is desirable along with a good working knowledge of programming and software for controls.
- At least 2 years of experience in a related field is preferred.
- This position requires technicians to safely lift a minimum of 75 pounds. Frequent walking, standing, and traversing of stairs and lifts are required for this position.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Click below to see our immediate openings for service technicians. Jobs may be located in Louisville, KY or Bowling, Green, KY.
BENEFITS AT CARDINAL CARRYOR
Cardinal companies offer a competitive benefits package for our full-time employees, including:
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
Cardinal Carryor and Cardinal Integrated Systems are Equal Opportunity Employers.